Built during the reign of Suryavarman II (1113–1150) at Angkor, Cambodia.
Thommanon is a single-towered temple with an east-facing central sanctuary, crowned by a prasat, or tower. The temple’s carvings are very well preserved and the aged sandstone provides a distinct contrast to the surrounding jungle.
Images of devatas, the female divine carved figurines, are seen in profusion here, as in other Khmer temples. They are the centre of attraction in Thommanon. The devatas depict flower crowns, sampots (Cambodian skirts), necklaces, armbands, belts and ankle bands.